Charcoal Filter Water Bottle
black+blum have created a charcoal filter water bottle that allows you to drink filtered tap water that tastes better and is also nutrient rich. The design of the bottle is both stylish and comfortable.
- Capacity: 800 mL
- Available in multiple colours
- Binchotan charcoal is an active carbon made from tree branches
- It absorbs impurities such as chlorine by attracting the negative ions to its surface
- In exchange, the charcoal sends its nutrients (calcium, iron and magnesium) back into the water
- It also neutralises the water's pH levels
- Each stick lasts for 3 months. At this time if you boil it in water for 10 minutes it will recharge for a further 3 months.
HOW DOES THIS REDUCE MY WASTE?
Bottled water is especially good at creating waste. In the UK, we throw out 7.7 billion plastic water bottles each year. These bottles travel thousands of miles to get to the shops and, after a single use, are thrown into landfill or our oceans. Something's just not right here. Since most bottled water is tap water anyway, why not just refill your own bottle from the tap?